Different Pronunciation exercises based on “listen and repeat” of both medical terms and nonmedical words help you to:
- progressively acquire correct English pronunciation and rhythm
- hear the difference between British Pronunciation, American pronunciation or even Australian Pronunciation
- pronounce words with special endings, e.g. ending in 'ic', 'ical', 'ine'...
- or words with silent letters or special sounds, such as 'ea' or 'qu' sounds...
- in each unit, word stress is given for all difficult words being explained
- Special word stress exercises are given
A simple guide to pronunciation
Talking Medicine provides word stress indication for all the words which are explained:
- the syllable on which the main stress is placed is underlined
- secondary stresses in long words are not given
e.g. talk•ing me•di•cine
Want to see what Pronunciation exercises are like?
Try Pronunciation Exercises
Return from Pronunciation exercises to Medical English Language Training
Return from Pronunciation exercises to Talking Medicine